It’s been some time since the last update.
In the past few days I’ve been thinking about working on my own game. Well actually there’s more than just thinking (as I do it all the time), because I’ve really started to watch videos and read about technology, game dev etc. So I got as close to actually working on my own game as I haven’t been in years.
But let’s get to the point.
What I know:
- It will be multiplayer
- It will be a RPG(ish)
- It will have a lot of options/activities/subgenres
- It will be free/freemium ( didn’t think much about monetization yet)
- It will have a “real economy”
- It will have DEATH (with big consequences, more like in rougelites, than simple respawn)
- It will be focused on cooperation rather than fight/destruction (although it will be possible to interact with other players)
- It will have a Log/Journal storing the history of the World
What I don’t know:
- The title – I believe something will come up eventually.
- The timeframe/release date – I learned to be realistic in this matters
- Graphical design
- Many of the details
Where/when do I start?
The ideas have started already last week. The coding will start probably this weekend.
What’s the goal/goals?
- to create something I always wanted to play.
- to simulate the fake world with real/common people having impact on it’s economy/politics
- to earn shitton of $$$ :D
For players – to have fun, and be part of something (hopefully) big and great.